Monday, April 15, 2013

Reply to "Austin Passes Plastic Bag Ban"

This is a reply to an article in my classmates blog Just Like A Texan. This article was written about a bill that recently passed which banned the use of singles use plastic bags in Austin,Texas. Let me begin by saying that I could not agree more with my classmate on this subject. This is the single most ridiculous thing I have every heard of and not to mention extremely inconvenient. There's nothing worse than those two seconds right after you walk into the grocery store and realize you forgot those horrible tarp bags again. Some cities have done bans on water bottles- even though I would not support it, I can almost see the point.  We should be taking steps to help preserve what we have, but i believe plastic bags are a baby step in the wrong direction.

No comments: